The Enjoyable Second Trimester Of Pregnancy
The second trimester for most expectant moms, is a very pleasurable and somewhat easy phase. This stage of pregnancy spans from 13 weeks to 26 weeks of a pregnancy. During the second trimester, your energy returns and in most cases, the nausea and vomiting goes away. However, you will still experience a lot of changes in your body during this phase. Find out about the things to expect for you and your baby during the second trimester as you read further.
Body Changes To Expect In The Second Trimester Of Pregnancy
Some of the body changes associated with the second trimester that you may experience include:
- Skin Changes: At this stage of pregnancy, your body will begin to secrete more melanin and this may cause pigmentation in certain parts of your body. Some part of your face may begin to show brown patches, your areola and nipples will become darker and you might observe a dark line called the linea nigra, running from your belly button to your pubic region. The good news is that these dark patches and pigmentation clears up slowly after you have birthed your baby.
- Varicose Veins: The veins on your legs may begin to swell due to the pressure exerted from the growing baby. These veins are called varicose veins and they would eventually go away after the baby is born.
- Dizziness: Since your body has to circulate blood for you and your baby, your blood pressure might drop a little and you will experience a little dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Enlarged breast.
- Weight gain.
- Sensitive gum.
- Rapid hair growth.
- Congestion and Nosebleeds.
- Round Ligament Pain: You will begin to feel aches around your lower abdomen or groin area. This is due to stretching of the ligaments in your abdomen to accommodate your growing uterus. However, note that the pressure you feel at your lower abdomen might not be caused by round ligament pain.
It could be a symptom of a pregnancy complication, so please inform your Physician once you feel this pain. This way a check up can be scheduled just to rule out any pregnancy complications. You can log on and connect with your doctor online via Sehat Cloud, to explain your symptoms. Then an appointment can be fixed for you to get a physical examination or to carry out an ultrasound scan on you.
The second trimester of pregnancy is a relaxation stage for most moms-to-be, so you can use the extra energy during this phase to plan for your baby’s arrival. In addition to this, remember that you can enjoy sex throughout pregnancy if your feel up to it as long as your doctor doesn’t feel it might cause any pregnancy complications. Sex during pregnancy will not pose any physical or emotional harm to your baby. Even more, always keep your Physician in the know should you notice any red flag symptoms like severe cramping or lower abdominal pain, bleeding and an excessive feeling of dizziness.