Newborn Baby Checklist: What You Need to Plan?
A pregnancy is not only the beginning of a new life; it is also a new chapter in your own story.
Stimulated by the endorphins, your belly will gradually turn up, and one day, even before you really have had time to do it, you will be mom! That’s when everything will change. That’s when everything will work out as well.
Even if you sometimes feel that your pregnancy is going at full speed, know that you have plenty of time to prepare for the arrival of baby. This guide will accompany you from the beginning of your pregnancy to your first months as a young mother and help you compose the first wardrobe of your baby.
When your baby is here, you will definitely want to fully focus on your new role as a mom. With the help of the following guideline you can enjoy time with your baby without any worries.
- Choose the name of your baby
- Choose a midwife who will assist you right after birth
- Contract health insurance for your baby
- Look for a pediatrician for the first monthly check
- Announce child benefits to your employer
First Equipment to Dress Baby
Easy to put on bodysuits, warm socks and protective cups are part of the basic equipment of baby clothes.
Will your baby be born in the winter or summer?
It is important to adapt your first clothes according to this criterion. Here’s what you’ll need for the first time:
- Four to six baby bodysuits – depending on the season, sleeveless, short-sleeved or long-sleeved
- Four to six latches with feet
- Two to three pajamas
- Two little hat for newborns in wool or cotton
- Warm clothing – in spring, summer and autumn: combine the shirt with a little jacket; in winter: add small mittens, woolen socks and a hood
- Two pairs of socks
- A pair of slippers
For Baby At Home
With a basic set of practical furniture and nice textiles, you will create a safe environment and a real family cocoon. Here’s all it takes:
- Comfy baby blanket – fits everywhere and in all situations
- Awakening mat and baby swing – for the natural development of your little treasure
- Convenient to change with cushion
- Baby bed with mattress and several fitted sheets
- Sleeping bag
For Baby Care
Get out of the water to go directly into a very cozy towel. Here you will find an overview of the most important items for baby care:
- Bath tub
- Bath thermometer
- Comb and brush
- Baby manicure set
- Medical thermometer
- Nappies for newborns
- Impregnated wipes
- Protection cream against wounds
- Cream or baby oil
- Seawater ampoules for the care of the eyes and nose
Outing or On Vacation with Baby
Do you visit your family or friends? Or leave a few days on vacation with your baby? With this checklist, you will be sure to have the most important items with you on holidays or excursions.
- Stroller with bag for stroller
- Rain cover for stroller
- Baby carrier
- Child car seat
- Sun visor for the car
- Possibly a travel cot
All You Need To Breastfeed or Feed Your Baby with a Bottle
It’s not just your baby who needs basic equipment. Moms also require equipment, especially to give breast milk.
- Nursing pillow: convenient for mom and baby
- Nursing bra at your size
- Nursing pads
- Maternity tea
- If you want to draw milk: breast pump and baby bottles
Do you feed your baby with a bottle? Find out here what you need if you do not give breast milk.
- Milk of departure
- Powdered milk dozer
- Baby bottle
- Steam sterilizer for the hygienic cleaning of baby bottles (these can also be simply sterilized in boiling water)
First Practical Objects for Baby
As you go along, you will notice what your baby needs to eat, sleep or play. Here are some practical baby items for the first few days and weeks.
- Baby monitor
- Several lollipops
- Cushion with cherry stones against bloating
- Security blanket
- Relaxing musical stuffed
- Night light
- Mild laundry product for the skin
If you are in your last trimester of pregnancy and still not sure what your baby will need after birth then do not worry; this is the case of many future moms.
The arrival of a newborn baby is an event to prepare as it should, because the appropriate equipment will greatly facilitate the period just after birth. Organize everything without stress and get ready to spend the first days with your newborn with peace of mind.